The responsibilities of this position are to provide customer service to all clients, participants and providers that call or walk into the HMA Hawaii office. All applicants must have the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor in providing Customer Service; Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and carry them through to completion in a timely and efficient manner; Ability to problem solve, research, document and communicate results while working independently.
- Problem solve issues involving claims and claims payment
- Quote benefits accurately from designated plan documents/SPD
- Verify enrollment/eligibility accurately
- Maintain average hold times under 30 seconds
- Resolve call inquiries during the initial contact
- Document and distribute claims adjustments/research on RAC Forms
- Document calls using member notes
- Return all messages within 24 hours
- Respond to written inquiries within 24 hours
- Greeting Walk-ins and Client Meetings
- Phone coverage at the Reception desk
- Other duties as assigned by department manager
High School Diploma or equivalent, Computer Classes and Medical Terminology Knowledge preferred.
PC literate, Customer Service, Managed care or health care background preferred.
8:00am – 5:00pm
HMA offers a competitive compensation package including full medical, dental, and visions benefits, 401K match, Active&Fit Membership, paid holiday, and paid-time off.